The death toll from Saturday’s bomb attack in Baghdad has risen to 250 and will possibly rise further. A lorry packed with explosives was detonated on a busy street near the Hadi Centre, Karrada, as families and friends gathered, shopped and relaxed during Ramadan. This is now the deadliest attack in Iraq since the 2003 invasion.
- 9 June 2016: At least 30 people killed in and around Baghdad in two suicide attacks claimed by IS
- 17 May 2016: Four bomb blasts kill 69 people in Baghdad; three of the targets were Shia areas
- 11 May 2016: Car bombs in Baghdad kill 93 people, including 64 in market in Shia district of Sadr City
- 1 May 2016: Two car bombs kill at least 33 people in southern city of Samawa
- 26 March 2016: Suicide attack targets football match in central city of Iskandariya,killing at least 32
- 6 March 2016: Fuel tanker blown up at checkpoint near central city of Hilla, killing 47
- 28 February 2016: Twin suicide bomb attacks hit market in Sadr City, killing 70
Click here to view the original.