Three local nationals working for Congo-Caritas were abducted on Monday in an ambush by FDLR fighters. A German photojournalist was injured in the ambush. The three aid workers were released on Wednesday.
From AFP –
Three kidnapped aid workers released in DR Congo: Caritas
“The three Caritas-Congo workers kidnapped near Mweso have been released,” said Caritas-Congo spokesman Guy-Marin Kamandji, without giving details on the circumstances of the release.
The kidnap occurred in an area notorious for attacks by the Democratic Forces for the Liberation of Rwanda (FDLR) rebel group.
The aid group had said Monday that three of its Congolese employees had been abducted after their vehicle was ambushed by suspected FDLR fighters.
Please click here to read more.
|Like what you read? Sign up here for our free Daily Updates. We also send out a Weekly K+R Update, bundling together all the K+R news of the week. (Same form – options at the end.)|
Other ways to stay up to date: