An Indian business man who was abducted from near Kinshasa’s golf course on the 20th of June has been freed after 19 days. A ransom of $2-million (R26-million) had been demanded for businessman Hermnani Ritesh’s release. It is not clear whether a ransom was paid.
From eNCA –
DRC police free abducted Indian businessman
Hermnani Ritesh, who operates a travel agency, was freed on Saturday by security forces and three people were arrested, said police spokesman Colonel Pierre-Rombaut Mwanamputu.
The kidnapping ring comprised four men from Nambia, Mozambique, Cameroon and DRC who had demanded a ransom of $2-million (R26-million) for Ritesh’s release.
“It’s the first time that this type of kidnapping” for ransom had occurred in Kinshasa, Mwanamputu said, adding that police were still searching for accomplices on the run.
Please click here to read more.
|Like what you read? Sign up here for our free Daily Updates.
We also send out a Weekly K+R Update, bundling together all the kidnap, ransom and extortion news of the week in one easy to read newsletter. (Same form – options at the end.)
Other ways to stay up to date: