Three young people were reportedly abducted from a temporary roadblock set up near Harawa in Libya. Information is scarce, but the Libya Observer reports that the young people were residents of Harawa and Sidra, and that the militants had set up the checkpoint for about half an hour before the abduction.
Abductions are common in Libya, as the break down in law and order has led to the proliferation of armed groups.
- Quick Read: 6 Held For ‘Kidnapping Bangladeshi Nationals In Libya’
- Quick Read: Former Libyan Prime Minister Freed After Abduction In Tripoli
- Quick Read: Arab-European Center Concerned Over Abduction Of Libyan Former Pm Ali Zidan
- Quick Read: Cardiff Man Appeals For Help After Cousin Is Kidnapped In Libya
- Quick Read: Libya: University Professor Latest In String Of Victims Targeted In Epidemic Of Militia Abductions
- Quick Read: Nuneaton Dad Shot Four Times In Horrific Libyan Kidnap Attempt
- Quick Read: Libyan Political Activist, Salah Al-Bakoush, Freed After 2 Months Of Abduction
|Like what you read? Sign up here for our free Daily Updates.
We also send out a Weekly K+R Update, bundling together all the kidnap, ransom and extortion news of the week in one easy to read newsletter. (Same form – options at the end.)
Other ways to stay up to date: