#Greece Demonstration Alert: Large demonstrations with 10-20K participants expected to begin at approximately 6pm on Nov. 17 in #Athens and #Thessaloniki. Road closures will begin at 1pm and cause severe traffic disruptions. Avoid area of demonstrations. https://t.co/MNEfa8Coq5 pic.twitter.com/YdoDlEGJlh
— Travel – State Dept (@TravelGov) November 16, 2018
If you are in the area, please consider the following –
- Follow advice from local authorities.
- Avoid demonstrations and large crowds. Be aware violence could occur without warning.
- Review your travel risk management plan, so you know what to do in an emergency.
- Make sure you have the contact information of your travel insurance company and your local embassy stored in a secure offline location.
- Monitor local media. If you are using Twitter to search, add the term ‘filter:verified’ to the search bar to see results from verified accounts only.
- Keep your devices charged.
- Check in with friends and family.
- If something does happen, contact the local embassy as soon as it is safe to do so.
|Like what you read? Sign up here for our free Daily Updates. We also send out a Weekly K+R Update, bundling together all the kidnap, ransom and extortion news of the week in one easy to read newsletter. (Sign up on the same form using the options at the end.)|
If you found this post valuable, please show your appreciation by buying us a coffee. Thank you. Buy me a coffee