#Athens #Greece Demonstration Alert: Large demonstrations with 150,000 or more participants expected on Sunday, January 20, beginning at 2pm. Expected gathering points are Syntagma Square and Athens University. Road closures will be extensive and could begin at 11am or earlier. pic.twitter.com/ixCXF0a4Qm
— Travel – State Dept (@TravelGov) January 18, 2019
If you are in the area, please consider the following –
- Avoid demonstrations and large crowds. Be aware violence could occur without warning.
- Review your travel risk management plan, so you know what to do in an emergency.
- Make sure you have the contact information of your travel insurance company and your local embassy stored in a secure offline location.
- Monitor local media. If you are using Twitter to search, add the term ‘filter:verified’ to the search bar to see results from verified accounts only.
- Keep your devices charged.
- Check in with friends and family.
- If something does happen, contact the local embassy as soon as it is safe to do so.
|Like what you read? Sign up here for our free Daily Updates. We also send out a Weekly K+R Update, bundling together all the kidnap, ransom and extortion news of the week in one easy to read newsletter. (Sign up on the same form using the options at the end.)|
If you found this post valuable, please show your appreciation by buying us a coffee. Thank you. Buy me a coffee