The US Embassy in Dushanbe is cautioning Americans to be careful over the upcoming Nowruz holiday, due to an increase risk in terror attacks. In Tajikistan, Nowruz will run from Thursday 21st March until Sunday 24th March.
Official travel advice
From the US Embassy in Dushanbe –
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Dushanbe advises all Americans in Tajikistan to be especially vigilant during the upcoming Navruz holiday. Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) leaders are known to recruit and inspire individuals to conduct spontaneous attacks on anyone who does not adhere to their extreme ideology. Due to previous ISIS-related activity in Tajikistan and historic methods used by ISIS globally, the U.S. Embassy therefore recommends the following actions:
Actions to Take:
- Avoid large crowds.
- Keep a low profile.
- Consult with security providers at your location.
- Review your personal security plans and carry a fully charged communication device.
- Notify a trusted person of your travel and movement plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings and local security developments.
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
Please click through here for the rest of the advisory, including contact information.
|Like what you read? Sign up here for our free Daily Updates. We also send out a Weekly K+R Update, bundling together all the kidnap, ransom and extortion news of the week in one easy to read newsletter. (Sign up on the same form using the options at the end.)|
If you found this post valuable, please show your appreciation by buying us a coffee. Thank you. Buy me a coffee